Saturday, February 9, 2013

Holy Unto The Lord

Today, as I was reading in Exodus 28, the words of vs 36 jumped out at me. Aaron, acting as the high priest, would enter the Holy of Holies and offer sacrifices for all of Israel's sins. He had to wear a sign on his forehead. It was a sign for the Lord. The sign said "Holy to the Lord". Wow! I began thinking... Isn't there a New Testament verse about writing on our foreheads? My concordance led me to revelation 22. When we see His face, He will make His name visible, written on our foreheads. And His name IS Holy!!!

Not only do we not have to continually offer sacrifices of atonement for our sins, because of Jesus sacrifice once for all, but God sees "Holy to the Lord" written on us because of Christ's blood. Then, when we see Jesus, face to face we will receive in full our inheritance; holiness, purity and son-ship. Wow! I'm excited! Are you excited?
"It makes me want to shout! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Lord you're worthy of all of the glory, of all of the honor, of all of the praise."

"You shall make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet, "Holy to the Lord ." And you shall fasten it on the turban by a cord of blue. It shall be on the front of the turban. It shall be on Aaron's forehead, and Aaron shall bear any guilt from the holy things that the people of Israel consecrate as their holy gifts. It shall regularly be on his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord ." (Exodus 28:36-38 ESV)

"No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever." (Revelation 22:3-5 ESV)

On a side note. I was down at "We Will Go" ministries again today. I got to make all sorts of animal hats for their kids day. But, as I participated I came to the conclusion that converted gangsters are the real deal. There is something so powerful about a converted, Jesus -following gangster. I guess God just showed me another piece of his heart for ALL mankind. Praying for a few more gangster converts and this city could turn upside down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment