Sunday, February 24, 2013

On the Road Again


"There are no 'if's' in God's world. And no places that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety-...let us pray that we may always know it!" (The Hiding Place- Corrie Ten Boom)

This quote came to mind at our prayer meeting Tuesday night. We were spending time looking back and being thankful for all The Lord has done in, through and for Omega over the past year.
It came to mind again as I battled Atlanta traffic, Friday afternoon with some close calls and crazy drivers around me. It was close to the end of my 4 hr shift and I was tired. Keeping the trailer which has a line to line wheel base, taking up the whole lane, and leading another vehicle and navigating through traffic gets tiring really quickly. 'Ahh! this is tour!', I thought.

We headed out on our first tour of the new year Friday morning. It was a good feeling to get on the road again, - after all, this is what we work so hard for in the studios. It is also bittersweet for me. This will be my last US tour with these girls, this ministry, and Ballet Magnificat. I don't want to miss a thing and feel like I have have my eyes open wider than ever as we set out, not wanting to miss seeing God move in any way.

I'll copy a portion of what I wrote in my journal after the first program in McDonough, GA.
2-23-13
"As I paced backstage in the darkness I just raised my hands to the Lord in adoration and surrender. 'Use me God!' My spirit cried out. 'We are yours, your instruments...use us as you would! Humble us, anoint your servants and fill us with joy overflowing.' (Little did I know what I was truly asking for. :)
I'm in awe of God who chooses to use the weak and foolish things of the world. It is a privilege to be His and to partner with Him in His work. So many 'little' things seemed to go wrong last night from our perspective backstage, things that you nothing about except laugh. Leslie's earring flew off; one of mine ended up in my shoe during a fast change and was there for the rest of the second act (and it didn't puncture my foot!); one of my braids came unpinned and was whipping me in the face and other unplanned hilarity. I guess I got what I asked for...joy overflowing!"

Some of that joy came through our ministry time as well. Sovereign God orchestrated our salvation that His children might walk in freedom! I truly have no greater joy than to watch God transforming lives and setting them on a path towards abundant life; an abiding life, a life hidden in Christ.

This tour will be almost 4 weeks long. We have one more stop in GA before stopping in Orlando and Saint Augustine, FL; Cleveland, OH; Vincennes, IN; NJ/ PA; and Hartford, CT. We experienced the opposition rising already this past week as we prepared to head out and positioned ourselves spiritually on the front lines. Your prayers are greatly appreciated as we don't take the Lord's provision, protection or strength for granted.

Prayer Requests:

- Joy - Not only does the Word of God tell us that the joy of the Lord is our strength, but it is also a command. Despite the obstacles and trials that will come up, I want to walk in joy, cherishing each moment and the people He's placed in my path.

- Grace - To juggle this transition season, staying in touch/involved with my family and their lives long-distance, and all that tour entails, requires tons of grace.
Please pray for grace on my body as well. My hips and back are pretty bad. I have almost constant pain in then right side of my back that often hinders me from lifting my right leg or sitting for extended periods of time... both being things that tour demands.

- Sensitivity- I want open eyes, heart and hands this month. I don't want to miss a single opportunity, 'God-moment', word, person etc. but truly function in and minister Christ's love.
I am also praying for clarity and direction for the next season of my life. Pray that the Lord will speak clearly and open/shut doors.





No comments:

Post a Comment